If you saw Monday’s NYE party post, you would have seen these pretty gold glitter champagne flutes. This is a quick and easy way to dress up your glassware and is the perfect finishing touch for that signature cocktail you always serve. We are huge fans of champagne in our house so you just know that the bubbles will be flowing! We also received some amazing champagne gifts this year, so I cannot wait to try some of them out. If you’re hosting a NYE party this year, this is a simple DIY that can be done the day/ night before, with the supplies easy to find. And if you don’t want to add glitter to your favourite glasses, just pick up some inexpensive ones from the grocery (or dollar) store. Now all you have to do is decide what to serve in them. 😉 Cheers to the new year!
– dishwasher- proof Mod Podge
– rubbing alcohol & cotton swab
– sponge brush
1. Start by cleaning the glasses in hot soapy water. Once dry, flip them over and wipe the bottom with rubbing alcohol.
2. Use a sponge brush to coat the bottom of the glass with dishwasher- proof Mod Podge. Try to get it as even as possible.
3. Tap your glitter over the surface until evenly coated. Tap to remove any excess.
4. Optional: If you want a little bit of extra coverage, press the base of the glass into a pile of glitter. Tap to remove any extra loose glitter.
5. Remove excess glitter from the rim of the base by spinning the glass in one hand and using your other index finger to clean the edge all the way around.
6. Allow the Mod Podge to dry based on the instructions on the bottle.
7. When dry, follow up with a second coat of Mod Podge to seal the glitter & allow to dry.
8. When dry, whip up your favourite batch of cocktails or pop open a bottle of bubbly and enjoy! To clean, you can simply put the glasses in the dishwasher, or wash by hand with warm soapy water. Don’t leave submerged in water as this may damage the seal.
Want to see more great party ideas for NYE?