You know that feeling when you’re craving something sweet & salty but you’re trying to eat healthy and you can’t think of a snack idea that checks off both the tasty and healthy boxes? These no- bake protein bites are perfect. They’re tasty, quick to make, and loaded with good- for- you ingredients (aren’t I nice trying to help you stick with your new year’s resolutions? 😉 ).
I’ve shared similar recipes before and thought I’d revamp this one from a while back. I made a batch of these over the weekend and think I’ll double the recipe for next time so we’ve got plenty to spare. They’re great to make ahead and keep in the fridge as a quick, healthy snack to tuck into lunches and pop in your bag on busy mornings for an energy boost. And let’s face it, when healthy options are quick and easy (and don’t taste like cardboard), it makes it an easier choice to make. Now go get your nom nom on!
1 cup dry oats (I used gluten free)
1/2 cup organic peanut butter (+ 2- 3 tbsp if find your mix is a bit dry)
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup flax seeds
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined…
… I added the peanut butter last so I could gauge if I needed to add more
3. Use your hands to knead the mix and help get all of the ingredients to stick together
4. Cool the mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes (this will help the bites hold their shape)
5. When chilled, scoop small handfuls and shape into balls either by squeezing the mixture in one hand or rolling with two. Depending on the texture of your mix one method may work better than the other
6. Place on a plate or in a dish as you make the balls. When you’ve rolled all of the mixture pop the bites into an air- tight container and store in the fridge. Enjoy throughout the week for a healthy/ yummy snack!
I’ve just seen a protein muffin online, so I think I’m going to have to try and make some of those next! For more yummy healthy snack ideas, like these Strawberry Chia parfaits, check out the Healthy Snacks page!
Like it? Share it!