Fall is officially here. It’s that time of year in between Summer and all things Halloween… and then Christmas. And before we get out the bats, witches, and jack- o- lanterns, it’s the perfect time to put out some pretty Fall greens and pumpkins. And gourds (can’t forget about those!) ;).
See below for some simple decorating tips + this Welcome Home printable!
For about $30 we picked up some pumpkins, gourds, and plants for our front porch and added some throughout the house to bring a little bit of Fall indoors. I also clipped some fresh greens from the garden for some pops of colour and arranged everything into little groups using colour and texture to create interest (I went with mostly white with pops of orange and green). Decorating for the seasons doesn’t have to burn a hole in your credit card to look good- especially when you can add a cute printable into the mix!- and you might already have more than you need, you just have to get a little creative. But, there’s absolutely nothing wrong is splashing out on a new decor item every now and again if you’re feeling ambitious. You might want to have a look at Bazaar Velvets selection of luxury rugs if you’re in the mood to make a big addition to the look of your living space, and you can switch them about for variety each season fairly easily. Warm colours at this time of year are fantastic alongside the stark whites and creams I’m so fond of. For example, you could consider a cotton rug for the space that has a mix of reds and whites to blend the contrast tone with the existing theme of the room.
One of the things I’ve been wanting is a sign that can be used year-round as I switch things up for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. I didn’t want to spend a lot on it since I like to change things up throughout the year, so I decided to make one. All you have to do is print and pop it into a frame (I used one from good ol’ IKEA), and decorate to your heart’s content. A friend has suggested a website where you can Turn Photos Into Tiles which I think we might look at doing next year as it gives a high quality finish to the look and I have some family photos in mind that I want to incorporate.
You can find the click + print link for this Welcome Home printable at the end of the post, plus check out these tips for easy home decor (even though this post is about decorating for Fall, they’re good year-round).
Simple Decorating Tips for Fall (+ all year):
- use colour and texture for visual interest (these mini pumpkins and gourds cost around $15 for all of them)
- pick a colour scheme and carry it through- it can be lots of colour or just one or two, but keeping the colours consistent will make a big impact (like I said, I went with white, orange, and green before the black and orange of Halloween come along)
- layer items/ prop up against each other to add depth/ height
- get creative- use items you already have and set a budget for items you want to buy; if you’re really lucky you might a few things that will work year- round so you only have to add a few seasonal accents
- when all else fails, make it yourself (like a sign you can print right at home 😉 )
Click + print your own ‘Welcome Home’ sign
Download the free Welcome Home printable below!
Click + print: Welcome Home Printable
Like it? Pin it!