Fall is officially here. It’s that time of year in between Summer and all things Halloween… and then Christmas. And before we get out the bats, witches, and jack- o- lanterns, it’s the perfect time to put out some pretty Fall greens and pumpkins. And gourds (can’t forget about those!) ;).
See below for some simple decorating tips + this Welcome Home printable!
For about $30 we picked up some pumpkins, gourds, and plants for our front porch and added some throughout the house to bring a little bit of Fall indoors. I also clipped some fresh greens from the garden for some pops of colour and arranged everything into little groups using colour and texture to create interest (I went with mostly white with pops of orange and green). Decorating for the seasons doesn’t have to burn a hole in your credit card to look good- especially when you can add a cute printable into the mix!- and you might already have more than you need, you just have to get a little creative.
One of the things I’ve been wanting is a sign that can be used year- round as I switch things up for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. I didn’t want to spend a lot on it since I like to change things up throughout the year, so I decided to make one. All you have to do is print and pop it into a frame (I used one from good ol’ IKEA), and decorate to your heart’s content.
You can find the click + print link for this Welcome Home printable at the end of the post, plus check out these tips for easy home decor (even though this post is about decorating for Fall, they’re good year- round).
Simple Decorating Tips for Fall (+ all year):
- use colour and texture for visual interest (these mini pumpkins and gourds cost around $15 for all of them)
- pick a colour scheme and carry it through- it can be lots of colour or just one or two, but keeping the colours consistent will make a big impact (like I said, I went with white, orange, and green before the black and orange of Halloween come along)
- layer items/ prop up against each other to add depth/ height
- get creative- use items you already have and set a budget for items you want to buy; if you’re really lucky you might a few things that will work year- round so you only have to add a few seasonal accents
- when all else fails, make it yourself (like a sign you can print right at home 😉 )
Click + print your own ‘Welcome Home’ sign
Download the free Welcome Home printable below!
Click + print: Welcome Home Printable
Like it? Pin it!