There’s something about a good, warm muffin right out of the oven that’s hard to beat. Even more so when it’s gluten-free muffins that are just as good (if not better!) than the regular version. We’ve experimented with a variety of recipes over the years but this one for gluten-free blueberry banana out muffins has been a hit on many levels: Healthy? Check. Tasty? Check. Liked (loved) by the kids? Check. Easy to make? You guessed it, check!
I’ve made these muffins with both regular unbleached flour and GF flour and you can’t tell the difference, they’re that good.
If you’re gluten-free, you know how satisfying it is when you find a recipe that doesn’t taste like cardboard, isn’t loaded with sugar, and is as good (maybe better?!) than the regular version. Whip up a batch of these for weekday breakfasts or snacks, or add them to your weekend brunch selection. Whatever way you make them, I hope you enjoy them as much as our family does! PS for more GF recipes like this one, make sure to check out the blog’s Recipes page!
PPS- if you like this recipe, you’ll also love this recipe for chocolate chip banana bread, which is also amazing gluten-free
See below for the easy recipe for these yummy gluten-free muffins!
3 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup gluten-free flour (I used a combination of brown rice and coconut)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup gluten-free oats
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper liners (silicone liners also work great for these).
- In a large bowl, mash bananas and add the egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter. Mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and fold into the wet ingredients a little at a time until everything is added.
- Stir in the blueberries until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Scoop batter into liners and bake for 20- 25 minutes (test with a toothpick to check when ready).
- Pop out of the oven and enjoy!
Like this post? Save it for later!