This post is all about the amazing men we have in our lives: the husbands, dads, brothers, uncles, friends; whoever they are, this post is for them. It’s been a little while since there has been something for the guys here on OHP so I thought it would be a good time to have a giveaway. I’m excited to be working with JORD watches again this Fall and will be spoiling a lucky reader with a $100 gift credit towards one of their amazing wood watches! View Post
One of things I wanted to share more about on the blog this year is stuff for guys. I feel like there are so many amazing options out there for us ladies and the kids, but wanted to scope out some of the products made for the guys in our lives. Whether you’ve got a hairy fella like I do who’s in need of some grooming products, a guy who loves his beer, or who just likes finding new things to try, I rounded up a variety of local brands to share some ideas guys will love.
We like to support local/ small business as much as possible and we’re lucky to have so many great options locally to choose from. Aloha Kai (‘Super Blessed’ hat) and Locomotive Clothing (t- shirt) both make great pieces for everyone in the family, with a great selection of items for men. If your favourite man doesn’t like carrying a bulky wallet but needs something for his essentials like cards and cash, the handmade leather wallets by Bomber Supply & Co are a great solution, and come in 3 different colours.
If your man likes his products (or maybe you’re trying to encourage him to use some- beards need taming after all 😉 ), there are plenty to choose from that are made using high quality, natural ingredients; nothing weird or full of chemicals. Nothing is over powering in terms of scent, and whether your fella is looking for shaving products (think that mug, shave soap & badger bristle brush by The Printed Pug & Is It Bath Time Yet?), beard grooming essentials (how about beard shampoo and oil from The Badass Gentleman’s Collection by Red Lemon Natural Living?), or just a good bar of soap to wash the dirt of the day away (that dark bar by OnceUpon Bath & Body contains olive oil, seas salt, and activated charcoal to keep skin healthy and clear), he won’t be stuck for ideas. And if he’s in need of some TLC and unwinding, the brown sugar & fig candle by Caribou Candle Co is a great scent to help him relax while he’s in the shower (even if they won’t admit it, I know a few guys who don’t mind a candle or two).
…And how about when it’s time to unwind a little? There are so many great local breweries to choose from- many liquor stores now have a great selection or you make a date night out of it and visit the brewery to try out what they’ve got to offer. Trading Post Brewing is one of our local favourites and you can get growler fills at their Langley brewery. Now how to get all that beer home (or maybe you’re giving some to someone special)? Stock up on some good bottles and pop them into a wood caddy (this one is handmade by CPC Woodcraft); they’re great for transport and make an attractive addition to a home bar or man cave. And when it comes time to enjoy those brews, Shop Ava to Zoe makes a variety of handmade leather items including these ‘Brew, Enjoy, Empty, Repeat’ leather coasters that will keep drips off furniture but manly enough they won’t mind using them. Win- win for everyone. 😉
I hope this round- up gives you some ideas for the man in your life to try! I loved learning about how many locals offer products for guys and we’re enjoying trying out the shaving and beard products as Will continuously experiments with his facial hair (so far the man bun/ ponytail has been left intact). I’d love to hear what guy products are a hit in your family!
Father’s Day is coming up next month and since it’s all about the special fellas in our lives, the timing for this post couldn’t be much better. I’ve teamed up with Schick to offer 25 gents the new Schick Hydro 5 Razor system and a chance to win a $100 CAD gift card to splurge on themselves (get all the details below). All they have to do is sign up to try it out and leave a review on Amazon.ca.
If your hubby likes a good shave, this is a great way for him to try out this new razor and see the results for himself!
Schick Hydro 5 features:
– Hydrating Gel Reservoir made with aloe and vitamin E helps to reduce friction while shaving and lasts up to 2x longer than regular lubrication strips
– improved gel delivery to hydrate skin during and for up to 1 hour after shaving
– 5 Ultra Glide Blades with built- in skin guards to help control skin flow and reduce friction and irritation
– Flip Trim for precise trimming in areas that are hard to reach (all five blades help to trim vs the single edging blades found on some other razors)
– ergonomic design so razor rests and maneuvers comfortably in your hand
Will was a good sport about being included in this post and I got some shots as he tried it out. We had some fun with his facial hair (you can see what he did if you scroll down) testing out the flip trim option for some contouring. He has sensitive skin and is prone to razor burn so he was a good person to try it out and provide feedback. You can see his thoughts on it below.
And the end result…! (Told you he had some fun with this… where’s the Harley?) 😉
What Will liked about the new Schick Hydro 5:
– it was comfortable to hold and easy to maneuver
– it didn’t irritate his skin
– the contour flip is a great option and works well for hard- to- reach areas and for definition (ie sideburns, etc)
– the lubrication strip made it a smooth shave without irritation or hairs getting caught in the blades (I asked him about an hour after he tried it how his skin felt, and he said it felt fine, with no razor burn or irritation- something that’s never happened before after he’s shaved)
– if you’re prone to razor burn and/ or have sensitive skin, this razor is worth a try
Want to try out the Schick Hydro 5 for yourself and have the chance to WIN A $100 GIFT CARD? Here’s how it works:
1. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, phone number, and preferred email address with SCHICK RAZOR REVIEW in the subject line
2. If you are within the first 25 readers to contact me, you will be sent the new Schick Hydro 5 system to try for yourself
3. To be entered into the giveaway for the $100 gift card, post a review on Amazon.ca including #gotitfree and #contest at the beginning of the post*
4. Once you have posted your review on Amazon.ca, email me the link to be entered for a 1 in 25 chance to win the $100 gift card
This program is only open to age of majority residents of Canada (excluding Quebec). To participate, you must have purchased an item on Amazon.ca within the last six months; otherwise, you will be unable to leave a review. All participants will receive a Schick Hydro® 5 system as featured in this post. See full Rules here. Winner will have to answer a skill testing question in order to claim prize.