Who’s starting to decorate for Christmas? Add a fresh festive touch with this simple greenery holiday wall hanging. All you need is some floral wire, fresh stems, and ribbon (maybe add a Christmas movie in the background ;). Choose a favourite festive word or phrase and enjoy a fresh addition to your holiday decorations. Many people may not need new additions to their already overstocked decorations, if this could be you, you have the ability to hide your decorations away in various holiday storage facilities, meaning you can keep as many as you want, who doesn’t want a selection!
This wall hanging isn’t too tricky to make, it just takes a little time and patience. Pour a glass of wine, put on some Christmas music and get into the holiday spirit with this pretty DIY.
- fresh greenery of your choice (something with a flexible stem and not too much foliage is ideal)
- floral wire
- tape (to help hold the shape of the words)
- Start by wrapping a stem in the floral wire- approx 1″ twists.
2. Bend the wire to create the shape of the letters. Add in stems as needed, bending the wire to form the shape of the letters. Tip: you may have to break/ cut the stems rather than bend them to form the letters.
3. Use tape to hold down the design as you go to keep the shape. Once you’ve completed the design, go back and smooth out the shape; twist in more wire where needed to help hold the shape of the letters.
4. Add ribbon to hang and enjoy!
What are your favourite ways to decorate for the holidays? Share below!
Like this DIY? Pin It!