I don’t think cake needs much of an introduction, so here goes…
Yummy Mummy Recipe: Classic (Birthday!) Cake
1 1/2 cups flour (swap you fave gluten free mix!)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
3 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Line two 7″ round baking pans with parchment paper (or grease with butter & dust with flour!)
3. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients, followed by eggs
4. Pour equal amounts into the two tins and bake for 25- 30 minutes (until top is golden brown and you can insert and remove a skewer cleanly)
5. Allow to cool & frost with your favourite icing!
Let them eat cake!
A bit heartfelt thank you to my mother in law for making Ari’s first birthday cakes!