Yummy Mummy Monday: Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who can resist a good cookie recipe? Especially one packing a nutritional punch? Aaaaaand added bonus: these puppies are sans gluten (and you’d never know it from the taste!). The night I baked these I barely had them out of the oven before Will had his paws on them, and they didn’t last long. These are a great yummy addition to lunches and a delicious late night snack with milk (for another great cookie recipe, check out this one for thin & crispy chocolate chip!). I think Cookie Monster had good taste in food, no?
Yummy Mummy Recipe: Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed 1/2 cup granulated sugar (you can swap with honey if you prefer) 1 egg 1 tsp vanilla 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
1/2 tsp xantham gum (I’ve found this really makes a difference in GF baking) 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp ground cinnamon (add more if you love cinnamon!) 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup flax seeds, whole (sub ground flax seeds if you prefer) 3 cups oats (not instant) 3/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Beat the butter & sugars until creamy. Add the egg & vanilla and combine well.
3. Follow with the dry ingredients, saving the chocolate chips for last. Add them when the batter is well mixed.
4. Scoop generous tbsp sized balls of batter onto the cookie sheet, allowing approx. 2″ between for them to expand.
5. Bake for 8- 10 minutes, until golden brown. Remove & cool.
Enjoy fresh from the oven with a cold glass of milk, or save for later!
I told you I could barely get them out of the oven! 😉
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.