Do you ever see a recipe and think I would have never thought of that! ? Well this is one of those. I like roasted and candies nuts but haven’t ever tried a version with a kick. These spiced nuts are quick and simple to make and oh- so- tasty (I couldn’t keep Ari & Will’s hands off these when they came out of the oven, so you might want to make extra). Inspired by this recipe these are a perfect holiday snack for parties and get togethers. Package in a pretty jar with twine or ribbon to give as a hostess gifts or stocking stuffer.
Yummy Mummy Recipe: Spiced Nuts
4 cups of nuts/ seeds* of your choice (raw and unsalted)
2 egg whites
2 tbsp real maple syrup
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp soy sauce
*I used almonds & cashews, and pumpkin seeds for a pop of colour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl large enough for all of the ingredients, mix the egg whites, maple syrup, spices, and soy sauce.
3. Add the nuts and toss around until evenly coated in mixture.
4. Spread the nuts evenly on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and the mixture is dry.
5. When ready, remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in an air- tight container to maintain freshness. If you’re giving as a gift, pop into a pretty jar or container (I used a layer of parchment paper over the top of my jar under the paper to help seal it).
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.