Yummy Mummy Recipe: Spicy Thai Pumpkin Soup
We used the Food Babe recipe as a guide and made a few tweaks of our own.
See below for our version or click here for the original.
2 tsp coconut oil
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups pumpkin, peeled & diced or 1 can of pure pumpkin puree (make sure you buy the kind that’s not seasoned to use as a pie filling!)
4 cups vegetable broth
3 cups coconut milk
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tbsp red curry paste (less or more depending how spicy you like it!)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
salt & pepper to taste
4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
4 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
1. In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, and pumpkin. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, bay leaf, thyme, and curry paste and cook for 15- 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and scoop out the bay leaf. Puree soup in a blender or using an immersion blender (you can skip this step if you used the pumpkin puree).
4. Return to heat and add the nutmeg and salt & pepper.
5. In a pan, heat some more coconut oil and roast the pumpkin seeds until golden brown.
6. Serve soup topped with roasted pumpkin seeds & cilantro
We wanted our little ones to be able to enjoy this soup, so added extra broth and coconut milk than the original recipe called for. With or without the extra hot kick, this soup will leave you feeling content & full. <3
Thanks to my lovely friend Marian for the fun play/ make soup date! (And for letting us take some home with us!)