This week I wanted to try making some healthy snacks. I’ve bought apple chips and really like them, but I find them to be expensive for what they are. For the same price I paid for a bag of apple chips I picked up a 5lb bag at Costco. That’s a heck of a lot more bang for your buck. Not only were these inexpensive, they were ridiculously easy to make- I mean RIDICULOUSLY easy. So without further ado…
– 4- 5 apples (I used gala)
– 2 tbsp cinnamon
– 1 tbsp sugar (I skipped it, but if you want a little more sweet blend some with the cinnamon)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Wash apples & slice thinly- approx. 1/16″ if you want them crispy or 1/8″ if you like them chewy (like in trail mix)
3. Line baking sheets with parchment & lay apple slices in a single layer.
4. If using sugar, mix with cinnamon to taste & sprinkle over apples.
5. Pop in the oven for 2 1/2 hours, or until apples have reached the texture you desire.
6. Allow to cool & enjoy!
I also made a naked batch without any cinnamon and they were delicious! It’s also nice to mix a combo of naked & cinnamon apple chips- yummy!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.