This week I wanted to try making some healthy snacks. I’ve bought apple chips and really like them, but I find them to be expensive for what they are. For the same price I paid for a bag of apple chips I picked up a 5lb bag at Costco. That’s a heck of a lot more bang for your buck. Not only were these inexpensive, they were ridiculously easy to make- I mean RIDICULOUSLY easy. So without further ado…
– 4- 5 apples (I used gala)
– 2 tbsp cinnamon
– 1 tbsp sugar (I skipped it, but if you want a little more sweet blend some with the cinnamon)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Wash apples & slice thinly- approx. 1/16″ if you want them crispy or 1/8″ if you like them chewy (like in trail mix)
3. Line baking sheets with parchment & lay apple slices in a single layer.
4. If using sugar, mix with cinnamon to taste & sprinkle over apples.
5. Pop in the oven for 2 1/2 hours, or until apples have reached the texture you desire.
6. Allow to cool & enjoy!
I also made a naked batch without any cinnamon and they were delicious! It’s also nice to mix a combo of naked & cinnamon apple chips- yummy!