My best friend introduced me to Nandos a few years ago, and I’ve loved all things peri- peri ever since. What is peri- peri you ask? It’s a kind of hot pepper, and boy howdy does it make food delicious with a kick! I recently discovered peri- peri seasoning at one of my favourite gourmet shops, Heritage Meats, in Langley. I think it’s approx. $5 for a 50g bag by Spice Works, and it’s gluten free & all natural; none of those crazy ingredients you can’t pronounce. My hubby was over the moon that we found a budget- friendly way to have Nandos more often: Home made peri- peri chicken, or as I like to call it, Knock Off Nandos! As Martha would say, ‘it’s a good thing’. 😉
Yummy Mummy Recipe: Knock Off Nandos!
(Peri- Peri Chicken & Fries)
You will need:
1 chicken breast or 2 chicken thighs per person
1 small- medium potato per person
peri- peri seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes & slice into wedges
3. Toss wedges first in olive oil; once coated, sprinkle with peri- peri seasoning & toss until well coated
4. Place wedges on parchment- lined baking pan & bake for 45 minutes
5. While wedges are cooking, coat chicken with peri- peri (using it as a dry rub works best) place chicken in a non- stick pan with some olive oil & sear both sides
6. Remove chicken from heat & place in a baking dish
7. When wedges have been in oven for half an hour, place chicken in oven for remaining 15 minutes
8. When wedges are golden brown & the chicken is cooked through, you’re ready to experience the crazy deliciousness that is peri- peri! I hope you love this Nandos Knock Off as much as we do!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.