On a recent trip to Megabulk Foods to celebrate their 1 year anniversary, I stumbled upon these amazing- AMAZING!- cookies. There is no way to describe how refreshing and delicious these gluten free gems were. I asked the manager if I could have the recipe, and he kindly sent it to me to share with TPB readers.
A big thank you to Jamal at Megabulk Foods for sharing this beautiful recipe!
Yummy Mummy Recipe: Lavender Shortbread Courtesy of Megabulk Foods
Items in bold represent products available from Megabulk Foods
1 cup or 60 g. butter (room temperature)
1 cup (125 g) icing sugar
1 ½ cups (270 g) gluten free all-purpose flour
¼ cup (30 g) arrowroot powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour and arrowroot powder together. Add gradually to the butter mixture.
4. Continue to beat until it forms into a cookie dough texture (mixture will be crumbly at first).
5. Form dough into round balls and place on cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. Using a spatula, lightly flatten the top.
6. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown on bottom and top is firm.
If you are looking for a store that carries natural options, with products catering to gluten- free and other dietary needs, I recommend visiting Megabulk Foods. The staff were friendly and knowledgable, and the prices were some of the best I’ve seen north of the border. 🙂
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.