Yummy Mummy Recipe: BBQ Ribs
1 rack of pork ribs (again, you could try this as a pulled pork/ chicken/ turkey recipe too)
For the Sauce
2 cups ketchup
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup brown sugar (or try 1/2 cup brown sugar & 1/2 cup honey)
2 tbsp corn starch
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the rack into the individual ribs & pop in water.
2. Boil ribs for 45 minutes, then remove from heat & drain (this is important to help reduce the fat and make these fall- off- the- bone tender).
3. To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a large bowl or crock pot, stirring to reduce lumps.
4. Toss in ribs & coat well.
5. Bake in oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or in a slow cooker* (low 4- 6 hours, high 2- 4 hours)
6. Serve with rice & your favourite sides.
If you want to freeze these for later, allow to cool & transfer to a freezer bag or container. You can slow cook these from frozen- just add 2 hours to the crock pot cook time- or allow to thaw first.
*To make pulled pork, etc, just pop your meat in the slow cooker and cook in the sauce from raw, but keep in mind that you may want to cut up the meat to help it cook faster and more evenly.
Image Source: Julies Eats And Treats