Halloween is right around the corner and if you’re looking for something fun to do with the kids, this easy DIY ghost garland is a perfect activity to get everyone in the spooky spirit. It’s simple to make and you just need a few materials that you probably already have. It’s perfect for little helpers who are getting excited for Halloween and it’s a fun way to kick off decorating for October 31. If you are looking for other decorations to acompany your unique and homemade garlent then why not look at sites such as www.hottopic.com. Not only can you get decoration ideas but also costume inspiration, remember to shop around to find out what decorations will fit your spooky theme!
When making your ghost garland, all you need is some tissue paper, glue, and twine and a little bit of glitter if you like a bit of sparkle.
- white tissue paper
- styrofoam balls (I used 1 1/2″ ones)
- permanent marker
1. Place 2- 3 sheets of tissue on top of each other. With about 8″ on all sides, put a dab of glue between the sheets of tissue paper (since Ari helped we just used a glue stick but a glue gun would work as well), plus one on the top sheet for the styrofoam ball.
2. Place the styrofoam ball on the glue and wrap the tissue paper over it.
3. Cut or tear the tissue paper about 6- 8″ around the ball. Don’t worry if it’s not perfect, it just adds to the look of the ghost.
4. Use a permanent marker to give the ghost a face.
5. If you want a bit of sparkle, dab some glue on the ghost’s face and sprinkle with glitter. Tap to remove excess.
6. Repeat to create as many ghosts as you want and tape some twine or string to the backs of the ghost’s heads. Hang & enjoy!
Like it? Pin it!