Since it’s resolution time, I bet a lot of you have save more money somewhere on your list. 😉
And I bet another one is eating healthier? I bet I have you all figured out, don’t I????
To help you on your road to success, why not try making homemade pizza next time you have a craving for delivery? (I’ll try not to sound like one of those ‘it’s not delivery…’ commercials)
I usually make my pizza dough in my bread maker, but the dough recipe below will also work if you mix it by hand & allow it to rise for an hour or two. There’s so many variations, you’ll be able to make your family’s favourites; I’ve listed the ingredients for a variety of favourites below!
Yummy Mummy Recipe: Homemade Pizza!
For the Dough:
2 tsp dried granulated yeast
3 cups all purpose flour (I usually do half whole wheat and half unbleached flour)
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp warm water if making dough by hand
If you’re using a bread maker, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for what ingredients to add first.
For the Toppings:
(based on one pizza)
1 can pizza sauce
1- 2 cups grated mozzarella and/ or cheddar (or your favourite!) depending how cheesy you like your pizza
For pizza topping combos see options below!
1. To make the dough by hand, activate the yeast by mixing in a cup with warm water; let sit for a few minutes.
2. While yeast is activating, combine other ingredients in a bowl
3. Add yeast & combine well
4. Roll dough into a large ball; remove from bowl, coat bowl with olive oil & return dough to bowl; cover and allow dough to rise for an hour or so.If making dough in a bread maker, the allotted time allows for the dough to rise
5. While dough is rising/ in machine, prepare your toppings
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
7. When dough is ready, turn onto a floured surface and roll to approx 1/2″ thick; place rolled crust onto baking sheet/ pizza pan
8. Partially cook pizza crust for 10 minutes, or until just turning golden brown (you may need to pop a few bubbles)
9. Remove crust from oven; scoop & spread pizza sauce over crust, followed by toppings & cheese
10. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until crust & cheese is cooked & melted the way you like it!
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
5-6 mushrooms, sliced
1 can sliced olives
100gr ham & pepperoni, sliced thin (ok, so not so healthy, but a yummy treat!)
I hope the above combos give you a good jumping off point of how much you’ll need (I didn’t list anything for classic faves like pepperoni or cheese, because I figure those are pretty self explanatory). Obviously once you’ve made a few, you’ll know how much your family likes and adjust accordingly. Great. Now I want pizza. Haha, enjoy!!! <3
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.