It always seems to be a hot topic with Moms: how do you get your kids to eat more veggies??? The answer that many of us seem to agree on: sneak ’em in! 😉 What I find hilarious/ frustrating with Ari is that one day she’ll be all over bell peppers, carrots, and celery sticks and the next turn her nose up at them. Ah, yes the joys of appealing to a toddler’s palette. 😉 When I was chatting about this with one of my girlfriends recently she told me about this recipe she’s using with her little one to get more veggies into her diet and kindly sent it my way to try out & share on TPB. I hope this helps you sneak in some good stuff with your littles!
Yummy Mummy Recipe: Sneaky Veggie Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
2 c white whole wheat flour (or gluten free)
3/4 cup grated zucchini
3/4 cup grated carrots
1 medium apple, cored and quartered
¼ c honey
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c unsweetened applesauce
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line muffin tins.
2. Grate zucchini, apple, & carrots (or use a food processor). Place in a towel and wring out the excess water. You should have just over 2 cups shredded fruits and veggies.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, honey, applesauce, oil, and grated fruits and veggies.
4. Stir in the flour, cinnamon, ginger and baking soda until just combined.
5. Scoop into muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
What are some of your sneaky tricks to get your kids to eat more veggies??? Let the scheming begin! 😉
Thank you Bronwyn for sharing this recipe! (Make sure you check out the many baking talents of this lady on her Facebook page: Mama B’s Treats!).