Canada has a big birthday coming up this weekend and there’s lots to come to OHP to help celebrate our amazing country turning 150. To kick off the week of patriotic posts, what better than a recipe inspired by the colours of our flag? This red and white parfait is a healthy snack option (that only takes 3 steps to make!) for a Canada Day party or picnic and even though it’s inspired by July 1st, it’s perfect anytime as a great snack of breakfast option. See below for how to make them at home.
Recipe makes two parfaits
– fresh organic strawberries, sliced
– 2 cups organic vanilla yogurt
-chia pudding (see below for instructions)
- Start by making the chia pudding: in a jug or bowl mix 2 cups of organic milk with 1/2 cup of chia seeds (you can also add a tsp of vanilla extract). Stir well and allow to sit for 20 minutes+ or overnight.
2. When the chia pudding is ready build the parfaits by alternating scoops of the vanilla yogurt with the chia pudding and strawberries. Tip: If you want to create distinct layers, use the yogurt as a barrier to help keep the chia pudding from blending in with everything. Ie use a layer of yogurt after each layer of chia pudding and strawberries.
3. Repeat until the jars are full and top with some strawberry slices. Serve & enjoy!
Looking for more ideas to celebrate Canada? See the links below!
Like this recipe? Save it for later!