4 cups macaroni noodles (uncooked amount)
3 cups milk
2- 3 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp mustard (regular yellow or dijon are delicious)
4 cups grated cheddar cheese (old/ sharp is best)
1/2 cup cream cheese
2 tbsp butter
2 cups broccoli florets cut into 1″ pieces
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & bring a pot of water to a boil. When bubbling pop the macaroni in the pot & steam the broccoli above the pasta as it cooks.
2. In a separate pot heat milk until it’s almost at a boil; reduce heat to maintain temperature. In a cup mix cornstarch with water to form a paste and whisk into milk, followed by Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
3. When combined, add 3 cups of the grated cheddar and all of the cream cheese to the milk mixture and whisk until combined and creamy.
4. When macaroni & broccoli are ready remove from heat. Set broccoli aside; drain & rinse pasta well then add to the cheese mixture. Mix until combined & add salt & pepper to taste.
5. In a large baking dish (or individual dishes) layer the pasta/ cheese mixture followed by some of the broccoli florets and grated cheddar; repeat this for a second layer, topping with grated cheese to melt on top.
6. Bake for approx. 10 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve immediately & enjoy.
What are your favourite comfort food meals? For more great recipe ideas hop over to the Yummy Mummy Recipe page!