Yummy Mummy Recipe: Blueberry Bran Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
2 cups flour
2 cups bran
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 eggs (or sub 1/4 cup applesauce per egg for an egg- free version)
1/2 cup oil
2 cups milk (sub almond or coconut milk for a dairy free version)
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees; line muffin tin with liners; alternatively grease with oil or butter.
2. In one bowl mix the dry ingredients; in a separate bowl, whisk eggs; add oil and milk to the eggs and stir well.
3. Combine the wet with the dry ingredients, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
4. When mixed, add blueberries and stir until distributed throughout batter.
5. Pour batter into paper liners/ pan; distribute evenly, trying not to spill over the sides (I hate scrubbing the baked on stuff off the pans after!).
6. Bake for 20 minutes, or until you can poke with a skewer and it comes out clean.
Because of the bran and rolled oats, these muffins can be quite dry; if you prefer a more moist version, add 1/2 cup applesauce.
I hope these are as big a hit with your family as they are with mine!
Image Source: http://oceanspray.com/Recipes/Corporate/Breads—Muffins/Blueberry-Bran-Muffins.aspx?courses=BreadsMuffins